The Rocky Mountain Chapter of the North American Rock Garden Society
The Rocky Mountain Chapter, organized in 1976, is one of 38 chapters of the North American Rock Garden Society (NARGS). Most members of our chapter live along the eastern base of Colorado's Rocky Mountains - a unique area for cultivating alpines and other rock garden plants. The climate, altitude, sunlight and soils of the Front Range are conducive to growing a wide spectrum of rock alpine plants from around the world.
This chapter, with nearly 300 members, welcomes new rock gardeners. The group includes novices as well as professional and skilled amateur rock gardeners, botanists, horticulturists, plant propagators, garden designers, professional flower and garden photographers, artists, and writers. Most members have their own rock garden(s).
Chapter meetings are usually held at Denver Botanic Gardens on the third Wednesday of each month. The Botanic Garden's Rock Alpine Garden affords members the opportunity to observe the eminent collection of plants in cultivation throughout all four seasons.
Our objectives are:
- to support the goals, purposes, and activities of the North American Rock Garden Society
- to promote the appreciation and cultivation of rock and alpine plants and wildflowers
- to assemble and make available information on the culture of rock and alpine plants and their evaluation as garden materials
- to secure and distribute species of rock plants not already in cultivation
- to encourage protection of endangered species by preservation of native populations
- to encourage rock gardeners to share knowledge, enthusiasm and friendship.
2019 RMCNARGS BOARD
Front row; left to right; Linda Meyer, Newsletter Editor; Gesa Robeson, Membership; Kathleen Stewart, President; Hugh Mac Millan, Web Admin.; Lori Gieseke, Membership
Back row; Nora Morgenstern, Member at Large (metro); Rod Haenni, Vice President; Glenn Guenterberg, Ex-officio President
Not pictured Cindy Reed, non Metro Member at Large; Michael Guidi, NARGS Representative; Marilyn Mueller, Secretary; Ken Ray, Treasurer