2016 Annual Spring Plant Sale Photo Contest
All photographers are invited to enter the Rocky Mountain Chapter of the North American Rock Garden Society (hereafter referred to as RMC-NARGS) photo contest of images featuring Rocky Mountain Alpine, Rock and trough gardens and landscapes. Both members and non-members are invited to participate.
There are 3 Categories:
1. Individual Plants
2. Garden Plants
3. Wild Landscapes
Contest judging will be conducted during the Annual Spring Plant Sale via a popular vote by attendees.
Each photographer may enter a maximum of two mounted prints, either B&W or color.
1. Photographs entered in previous contests are not eligible.
2. Mounted prints of your entries must be brought to the photo exhibit area in Mitchell Hall, Denver Botanic Gardens, on Friday April 22.
3. Prints must measure from 5″ x 7″ to 8″ x 10″ inches in size.
4. Prints must be mounted on a firm backing such as mat-board or foam-board. Backing should be the same size as print. No framed or glass/acrylic covering is allowed.
By submitting your photos electronically, you are allowing RMC-NARGS to use your photo on social media, RMC-NARGS websites. Photographers will be given credit.
6. Winning photographs may be published on the Rocky Mountain Chapter of the North American Rock Garden Society website and newsletter. Other entries may also be used similarly.
8. Only the original photographer may enter a photograph.
9. Photographs not meeting all requirements will be disqualified.
10. A PDF file may be downloaded and printed of the photo contest entry form, and attached to the mounted photo. Click here to download the pdf file
By entering their photos, contestants agree that their work may be used for displays, publications and/or educational purposes of RMC-NARGS. Photographers will be credited for their work with each use.
Certificates will be given to the first place winners in each class/category combination. Winners will be announced and awards presented at the May RMC-NARGS Meeting held on Saturday, May 16. Photographs may also be posted on our website and published in the newsletter.